Monday, 7 January 2013

How I dry my brushes

Any person who knows make up knows the importance of brush upkeep. People generally have their method for washing their make up brushes down but I've noticed a trend when it comes to drying brushes. Obviously you can't dry brushes standing up or the water will go into the ferule and can cause shedding. What I have seen a lot of people doing is laying the brushes down flat on a towel, but this still hasn't convinced me that this is the optimal way to dry brushes to ensure they remain in great shape so I invented my own way to dry brushes to ensure no water ever goes into the ferule and to make sure the method of drying is hygenic - best of all it only costs about €1.50. So then my simple solution is (drum roll) the humble sock hanger
These can be bought in an euro shop etc for super cheap and they work perfectly - it is almost like they were invented to dry brushes! Basically I clip a brush in per peg, making sure the brushes are clipped more towards the handle than the hairs so that water will drip down and not backwards.



(Please excuse the terrible picture quality - I took this with a very old camera).

Here is a video I did on this if you want to see more....


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks :) it's the only time I've done something actually clever :D

      Delete
  2. Very clever! I just washed my brushes but will try this for the next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, let me know how you get on :)

      Delete
  3. Oh how nifty! Would never have thought of that!x

    http://sorandomtoday.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the extra information that you mentioned about formaldehyde. I just have a question. Should I apply oil before applying this product or after?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before to prevent it going into your nail bed :)

      Delete

Your comment makes my day :)