Tuesday, 5 February 2013

ELF HD Blush Review


Two things: 1. I very much love ELF cosmetics and 2. I also very much love liquid/cream blushes; so, you can probably guess therefore that when ELF released liquid blushes I HAD to get my hands on them and try them out. Unfortunately for me, being a lady of the internet (currently unemployed - sadface) I had to be patient and wait for a sign from the money gods that I would be able to purchase them and lo and behold last week there was a 48% off sale (if that's not a sign I should go mad and buy all round me I don't know what is!). Being not only a girl, but a beauty obsessed girl with an obsession for bargains and online shopping I purchased all five colours of the HD blushes of course (sure it'd be rude not to with a 48% off code!). Here's what Elf have to say about their product "Rich and creamy HD Blush naturally sculpts and highlights the cheekbones for a soft-focus effect that is great for everyday use.". The blushes are €4.50 (£3.75) for 10mls of product which is amazing compared to Make Up For Ever's price of €28.00 for 10mls.

Thoughts: These blushes are CRAZY pigmented, and I don't use capital letters+bold+italics+underlining lightly - honestly I pumped out a little too much blush on my hand when I was playing with them and it covered my entire hand bright pink - it was incredible! One fault I had with these is that when I first pumped one of the blushes a load of watery stuff came out minus any pigment but this can be rectified if you give them a good shake before use.


L-R: Headliner, Superstar, Diva, Encore, Showstopper




 Swatches: L-R: Headliner, Superstar, Diva, Encore, Showstopper


Blended out: L-R: Headliner, Superstar, Diva, Encore, Showstopper




I cannot say enough how b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l these blushes are, they are incredible! Also - I totally used one as a lipstick and I found it really moisturizing which is like a double plus! These also set on your face - you can see my hand where I tried to wipe the blushes off with tissue and it stained my arm!



If you need more proof you can check my video review out where I am wearing "Headliner" on my cheeks and "Diva" on my lips.


Verdict: 5 million gold stars to ELF for an incredible product with an incredible price tag.

7 comments:

  1. I saw you on LC forum so I came to see your blog, let me tell you that you´ve done a great job with it, please come visit and if you like it it would be great if we could follow each other there on LC, here on GFC or socials, what do you think? To support each other… let me know ok!
    Kisses
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I've been wanting to try the Makeup Forever version of these but these are much more purse friendly. What one shade is your favorite? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, must go compare the ingredients to see if they're similar!! My favourite is probably headliner because it's so natural :)

      Delete
  3. Headliner looks awesome! Looks great on you in the video - I wasn't sure how these would be considering how it's such a high-end thing. I have to try them now! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh do, I couldn't recommend them more, I think I may prefer them to my make up forever one!! :)x

      Delete
  4. o0o0o I must pick these up as soon as ELF has a sale!! I have been eyeing so many products from them lately!! Great review dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, ELF have brought out some amazing stuff recently!! :)

      Delete

Your comment makes my day :)