Saturday, 2 March 2013

Clash of the eye make up removers

So it turns out I have a crazy amount of eye make up removers and so in a bid to declutter I decided to pit my removers against each other in an epic battle of wits, strength and courage  effectiveness and price. I did a video solely to go with this blog so you could see each remover in action ( you will note any facial grimaces indicate poor performing make up removers where I had to scrub my arm in an effort to clean it). I have also listed each remover by price per 100mls giving equal opportunity to all.

To start I lined my arm with a marker:





Then I covered it in loads of different make up from gel liner to mascara to glitter.


Then I went on to the actual battle

Contenders to your battle stations please!

Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover 

Simple Kind to Eyes Nourishing Eye Make-Up Remover Cream
Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
Johnson's Daily Essentials Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
L'ancome Bi Facil 

Garnier Soothing 2 n 1 Make-up Remover 
Simple Kind To Eyes Eye Make-Up Remover 
No7 Beautiful Skin Eye Make-Up Remover

How did they do???
L-R (as you're looking at it) nothing, nothing, Garnier, L'ancome, Johnsons, Estee lauder, Simple cream, Clinique

L-R (as you're looking at it and starting where my finger is) No7, Simple, Garnier, L'ancome, Johnsons, Estee lauder, Simple cream, Clinique

Here's the video so you can see how they all performed better than in these pictures:



Name
Price per unit (€)
Price per 100ml (€)
Clinique naturally gentle eye makeup remover  
18.00
24.00
Simple Kind To Eyes Nourishing Eye Make-Up Remover Cream
5.00
5.00
Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
24.00
24.00
Johnson's Daily Essentials Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
5.00
5.00
L'ancome Bi Facil    
28.46
22.77
Garnier Soothing 2 n 1 Make-up Remover 
3.99
1.99
Simple Kind To Eyes Eye Make-Up Remover 
5.75
4.60
No7 Beautiful Skin Eye Make-Up Remover 
11.00
11.00


Cheapest: Garnier Soothing 2 n 1 Make-up Remover
Most expensive: Clinique naturally gentle eye makeup remover and Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover


Who emerged victorious??
Best product at actually removing eye make up: Lancome Bi-facil (surprise surprise; this is legendary for a reason)
Best drugstore/chemist product at removing eye make up: Johnsons


Overall I recommend Lancome Bi-facil (if you can afford it - if not Johnson's is almost as good), Garnier as it is the only eye and face make up remover which is effective at removing both kinds of make up and Simple nourishing eye cream (this ain't that great at removing but it is nice if your eyes are sensitive - I use it a lot to get any remaining eye make up remover off my eyes and it does work pretty well at that).

2 comments:

  1. I really like the Garnier one. I have it and its great for stubborn gel eyeliner xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know - it's so good, definitely a favourite!

      Delete

Your comment makes my day :)