Tuesday, 7 May 2013

The Met Gala 2013 Breakdown


Okay, so fashionista I am not, while I do love clothes and fashion I'm never exactly "out there" wearing trends to extremes or ages before they hit the high street like I guess truly fashionable people are. It's a bit ridiculous for me to criticize what people are wearing since I'm such a skirt, t-shirt and boots kinda girl but when I saw the pictures from the Met Gala I had to write something to get all the laughter out. Now my plan for this is that I'm going to be completely honest, and while I actually may even like some of the outfits/hair/make up I'm just going to write the first thing that comes into my head on them even if they actually are gorgeous or artistically beautiful, share the laughter I'm feeling :)

So here goes (in no particular order)
LOOK AT ME, I'M STILL YOUNG AND EDGY!!  I  CAN  DRESS LIKE
A WHORE ON ACID: PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!
Kim how did you get my granny's curtains from the 70's??? I thought we burned them, even back then we knew they were awful!

A big fishnet underneath an advert for extra strong hairspray.
Shame on you Liam for letting her out like this!!
Sofia is having a duvet day clearly, someone must have just taken the duvet away for the photos. Note: Don't wear PJ''s to a ball no matter
how hungover you are!!
Headpiece looks like what the Roman soldiers used wear...
Look's like Anne sprayed her dress with bug spray to get that effect
(same thing happened to my friend's tights but at
 least her boyfriend at the time bought her
some new ones, no one was nice enough to buy Anne a new dress)
Love Elizabeth Banks but: fish going to a business meeting
Jacket: love; hairband: love; earrings: love. All together: you are going to have someone's eye out.
Woah how did they get Storm from x-men to come??
Someone clearly learnt how to tie-dye at camp last
summer! Also, weird  bird-eye eyeshadow
I could be missing the point but is Katy trying to
pretend that she is like the virgin Mary,
 a princess virgin Mary perhaps?!
OMG pretty sure my mom wore a dress like
this in the 70's and  Gwennie (aka  a pile of goop
if you replace "g" with a "p") just cut out a
part because the top of  her arms and chest
get sweaty boob rash if she keeps them covered...
The hair and dress and natural tan make J.Lo look like a
LITERAL chetah



This dress was actually designed by a 6 year
old who is obsessed with fairys and unicorns
I AM THE LIZARD QUEEN 
Someone clearly had a tumble in the sheets with Midas before she came 
Authentic chainmail armor...
DRAG QUEEN EYES
Actually dragged through a bush backwards - its how she
got those flowers on the sleeves!
Ke$ha 2.0
Nanananananananaa: BATMAN
In a contest for most Scottish:
They both lose.

If I wear a massive dress I'll look even skinnier! It's perfect!
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??! Also clearly the same make up artist as Ginnifer Goodwin
I feel like this lady is quite eccentric anyway so lets
let her do her thing but clearly she
ripped her dress and took the first piece of
 fabric she could find to cover up the hole...
This is gorgeous but pull your sleeves up unless
you want to become the next Janet Jackson
Actually love this dress but I think it's make from a tablecloth
LOOK HOW BIG MY HIPS ARE,
PRETEND I'M CURVY!!
"I'm not like the character I play on girls, I can be totally wild!!". Also
the way the dress is arranged makes her look like Ursula
from The Little Mermaid
Huh?! Trying to channel Katniss Everdeen's "Girl on Fire" Look I guess, If Katniss was also a cowgirl...








                                           The Master. Cara does no wrong, ever.



So there you have it, have I missed out on anyone I should make fun of?! Do you disagree with me? Let me know!!

Sarah
xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, I adored Nicole Richie's look. The white hair was so edgey and cool!
    I actually liked Annes look, it takes her far away from the super sweet image she has had forever!
    Don't know what Kim Kardashian was thinking though! If the dress was black maybe it would have been somewhat okish...but a floral pattern that looks like a 1950s curtain...NO! She just can't seem to get it right since she has gotten pregnant.
    Great post though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments make this the best Met gala article, bravo! Particularly like the Katniss Everdeen one and I am the Lizard Queen. Cara is always such perfection....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Nicole's white hair and make up! She has such a lovely nose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. some of the outfits were pretty crazy, Cara looked amazing as always! I am a new follower. Please check out my blog if you get a chance, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Cara's dress, which is stunning and suits her, but I think her makeup and hair job were a bit off. The eyebrows are so dark, they make her hair colour look like a bad dye job, and the liner is a little too strong it makes her look like a child took a black crayola and drew a circle around each eye.

    - Lizard Queen should really reconsider that...body veil thing...

    I liked Storm's dress, though the tan to white hair look was most disconcerting.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day :)