Sunday, 22 December 2013

Irish Bloggers Secret Santa

The term "Secret Santa" tends to conjure up iffy thoughts in my mind, as well as the words "novelty", " "funny" " (there are double inverted commas for a reason!!), "generic", "quick", "cheap" and "tat". For me Secret Santa presents tend to be impersonal and just show how little a person knows you....However when the absolutely lovely Aisling from TotalMakeUpAddict came up with the idea of a Secret Santa solely for beauty bloggers I was intrigued. A foolproof idea really, a present picked by someone who knows what I would want because they probably want it to, it's like a surprise self gift!

Aisling organised everything (what a trooper!!) and I was given Nirina from Killer Fashion and I eagerly awaited the delivery of my present. When I got mine last week I literally ripped open the wrapping paper I was so excited! My Santa was Rachel from Oh Hey There Rachel who seriously outdid herself! I love everything so so much! First she sent me this really cool Christmas card - a girl holding a drink and a present is a beautiful red dress is my idea of a perfect Christmas!



The first things I saw were some Cocoa Brown goodies - essential for the plethora of parties of the holiday season! I absolutely adore Cocoa Brown - as does every beauty blogger that has ever tried it!


She also got my some cool Rimmel goodies - two nail polishes in Moon Walking and Double Decker Red, a Scandaleyes eye pencil in bulletproof beige AND potentially one of the most beautiful colours in my lipstick collection - Kate Moss for Rimmel Matte Lipstick in 111 Kiss of Life. You can see from the photos that I literally couldn't wait to swatch the lipstick - I didn't even get a photo of it first (bad blogger)  - and I went straight ahead and used it that very day.





Swatches of the lipstick and eyeliner

My presents are perfect - definitely the best Secret Santa I've ever been a part of! Thanks so much to Rachel and Aisling for organising it!! I hope (and I'm sure) everyone liked their presents just as much - you can check out what everyone else got on twitter using the hashtag #irishbbloggersSS.


1 comment:

  1. Haha I completely agree on being wary of Secret Santas - Your gift looks lovely though! The polishes are amazing x

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day :)