Friday, 7 February 2014

The Blogger Made Me Buy It Tag!

So I literally just saw this post on one of my favourite beauty blogs - Lovely Girlie Bits, and I decided I'd give it a whirl! Being a youtuber and a blogger has left me with a huge makeup stash and an even bigger wishlist. While my bank balance hates me, my boyfriend absolutely loves it because he never has to think about what to get my for my birthday/Christmas - I just always have a list that he can pick from :)


1. Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
First up is definitely beaut.ie, before I buy any product I check if its been reviewed over there - it's a site that I completely trust for honest reviews and great swatches as well as comparisions to other products. I also love Emma from Fluff and Fripperies, Lisa from Scatterbrained blogging, Orla from Make up Over Mind, the aforementioned Lovely Girlie Bits and Aisling from Total Make up Addict. Also I love Katie from What Katie Healy Did but I don't think I've ever bought anything from her blog because she is smart and saves up to buy expensive things whereas I just can't - I'm much more of a frequent buyer of cheaper things! A lot of the time if I'm looking for swatches I just search the product name on google images -  I think it's important to see different pictures of the same product so you can see it in different lights and on different skin.
(I'm probably forgetting some other bloggers so I'm sorry - there's so many amazing Irish bloggers it's difficult to keep track!)

2. Do you buy a product solely as a result of one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look around for more reviews from others?
I will generally look around for more reviews but sometimes a review is written so well that I just add said product to by list straight away. This tends to happen more with skincare products because you have to believe the reviewer a lot more - Caroline Hirons' Blog is a nightmare/godsend for this!

3. What's your most favourite item you've ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
My maybelline colour tattoo in permanent taupe - I use it for everything!!

4. What's your least favourite item you've ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Nars Orgasm did not live up to any of the hype - I used it about 7 times and have since retired it - a huge let down for me!

5. Name five products you've recently bought as a result of blogs
I don't know how recent I can be as I've been under self inflicted blogger/youtuber ban for a few months cause I needed to study - this also meant I didn't have time to do a lot of shopping so this will probably not be truly recent...
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
Catrice Camouflage Concealer
Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick in 107 (as well as all the others I own!)
Nyx Blush in Taupe

6. Have you ever given in to blogger hype?  If so, which hype?
Definitely! It's hard to ignore a million favorable reviews on a product! Bourjois Healthy Skin foundation, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, Magnetic Mascara...the list goes on...

7. Have you ever avoided blogger hype?  If so, which hype?
I do tend to avoid some hype - generally any Benefit hype because I think that people get carried away by the names and cute packaging...

8. Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
I buy things without checking for reviews all the time - if I'm out shopping and I see a new product or a product on a good special offer I buy it right away, I'll generally find some use for it - even if it is just reviewing it for my blog!

I'd love to see more of these so if this is something you've done/are planning to do leave a link down below :)

8 comments:

  1. Oooh I love Tag posts! This should totally be renamed Bloggers are Enablers" tag haha!!

    Brilliant job on this tag, Sarah, I'm going to do this now methinks!

    Amy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def do - post it as a reply if you end up doing it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Sorry for enabling you Sarah - muhahaha! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being enabled, my laptop is gonna get sick of me drooling on it though ;)

      Delete
  4. Sorry for enabling you! Except you know you love it all really ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely do! Really want Dim Infusion after seeing your post on it now too :)

      Delete
    2. It's like I was meant to come here, to this page and to this comment because I want those powders bad! :D

      Delete
  5. I agree with you about Benefit, I tend to avoid that hype too. I've only ever tried their mascara and porefessional primer. The primer is decent but the mascara made my eyes swollen and puffy :/

    Great post, I just did this tag too! (And by just I mean last month). Your answers were fun to read :)

    http://beautifulbliss12.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day :)