Wednesday, 26 February 2014

The Tag of All Knowledge

 Firstly thank you so so much to Cindy from Girl with the Skew Earring for tagging me! I love tags (clearly I'm a bit vain and love talking about myself ;) ). It was such a lovely surprise to see my name on her blog - made my day so it did!!



1. If you were a rock star, what items would you demand on your rider?
Definitely multiple packs of Haribo Starmix and chocolate m&m's, water (normal and water that has been filtered through fruit like they have in 4 star hotels in America) and warm cookies. I'd also love a good (free) internet connection and that is pretty much all I'd need to make me a very happy Sarah!

2. If you could afford any designer piece, be it clothing, shoes or accessories, what would it be and how would you style it? If you can, post a picture.
I think the nicest designer things are staples so good jeans, a fitted blazer, a crisp white shirt and a few well fitting tees. Kind of boring I know. I'm not sure if they count as designer but if I was given a pile of money to blow on shoes I'd definitely buy these - I love them so much I even DIY'ed my own (much tamer) version!
Shoes from gasolineglamour.com

My version

3. What kind of teenager where you? Goth? Princess? Nerdy?
I called myself a rocker - I hung out where goths and moshers and emo's did but I dressed pretty typically but with a very slight grunge vibe as did my friends. I was a really weird teenager too (I still am weird but I was weirder back then).

4. This one is a bit morbid. If you could have any quote as your epitaph, what would it be and why?
No idea! I'm not one for quotes or whatever. I quite like "Remember" by Christina Rosetti but don't think I'd want it as my epitaph... It's a good thing I'll be dead and won't have to think of an epitaph for myself or I'd spend a whole other lifetime just thinking of something!
.....just so you don't have to go looking:

Remember

Remember me when I am gone away,
         Gone far away into the silent land;
         When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
         You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
         Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
         And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
         For if the darkness and corruption leave
         A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
         Than that you should remember and be sad.

5. What fictional character would you most like to have dinner with and why?
Chuck from Gossip Girl but I'd probably be too intimated to actually eat or say anything...

6. Tell me about your first ever make up purchase.
It was a Rimmel Foundation in Ivory - I think it was a matte foundation that has since been discontinued or reformulated. I was in 1st year and my mom had bought me one before so I knew it suited me. Quite boring but that's probably good in a way! I remember being absolutely obsessed with Make up For Ever when they were in Roches Stores in Cork - I would drag my friend along and just swatch all the eyeshadows and be mesmerized by the glitter. I of course didn't understand how good Make Up For Ever was at the time, I just looked all the vibrant colours.

7. Its the year 2020, where do you hope to be in life?
That's a scary question - In 2020 I'll be 30!! I would hope to be married/in a partnership with someone I love and have a job as a speech and language therapist for young kids with disabilities 3 or 4 days a week and typically developing kids aged 3-5, 1 or 2 days a week. I'd also love to have set up some more supports for people with disabilities in the line of therapeutic recreation and universal design and maybe look at having my own subsidized clinic for children where I could hire lots of newly qualified SLT's as interns and pay them as much as the clinic could afford.

 8. What is your drink order of choice when you go out?
I always ask for vodka and their cheapest mixer but if I had the money I would get malibu and coke or a mojito.

9. We all have a 'Dirty Sexy Crush', so tell me: Who is yours?
I don't know what it means by "dirty sexy" but I like Adam Scott, Chris Pratt, Zac Efron, and Chris O Dowd :)


I tag:
Nirina from http://killer-fashion.tk/
Rachel from http://ohheythererachel.blogspot.ie/
Kathleen from http://squidgymoments.ie/
Marian from http://www.highlifeofmars.blogspot.ie/
Aisling from http://totalmakeupaddict.blogspot.ie/

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag Sarah! I've done the post and you can read it here if you would like too - http://squidgymoments.ie/the-tag-of-all-knowledge

    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horray - just read it - sorry it took me so long! X

      Delete
  2. I'm so impressed you can DIY your own shoes. I'm so not creative in that way. Great post!

    I did the tag too after Cat tagged me http://beautybaggage.blogspot.ie/2014/03/the-tag-of-all-knowledge.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you can DIY shoes, I'm not one bit creative in that regard!

    I did the tag too after Cat tagged me http://beautybaggage.blogspot.ie/2014/03/the-tag-of-all-knowledge.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day :)